Three days Advocacy workshop has successfully accomplished with support of Womankind Worldwide under the project on ‘Increasing Dalit Women’s Political Participation for Sustainable peace in Nepal’ in FEDO Office, Kathmandu Nepal from 28th April-30th April 2014. District and Center level Board Members, staffs were present in the workshop. Ms. Abigail Hunt, Policy and Advocacy Officer of Womankind Worldwide and Ms. Cintia Lavandera, Program Manager, Womankind worldwide were the Facilitator of the workshop.
In the beginning of the program Ms. Durga Sob, Chair Person of the FEDO welcomed to the participants and shared about the FEDO and proposes of the program. Ms. Kala Swornakar, General Secretary of the FEDO highlighted the objective of the program. Mr. Bhim Bahadur Bishwakarma, Educative Director of FEDO presented on organizational strategy of the FEDO. Ms. Renu Sijapati, Policy and Advocacy Officer of FEDO under the project on ‘Increasing Dalit Women’s Political Participation for Sustainable Peace in Nepal’ presented on ‘Draft Advocacy strategy of FEDO.’
The three days advocacy workshop enhanced the capacity of the participants on how to identify issues, process, cycle, objectives, activities, influencers and outcome of the advocacy. The workshop also discussed about the definition of the advocacy, three present pertinent issues in related with FEDO.
One day meeting also conducted among the district and national level staffs on 1st May 2014. The meeting discussed about the progress, achievements and challenges of the projects. It also discussed on the status of the M&E indicators and outcomes of the project.
Achievements of the workshop:
• The general understanding built among the participant on definition of the advocacy.
• Districts, national board and staffs have been conducting lots of advocacy related activities from community, district and national levels in before. After participating in this workshop they became clearer on how to conduct the advocacy activities systematically and process wise.
• The participants of the District to national levels boards and staffs became more capable on how to identify the issues, aim, objectives, activities, influencer, and outcome of the advocacy.
• Enhanced common understanding among the participants on advocacy issues and the process in related with FEDO and they became more capable to make advocacy plan and conduct advocacy activities from national to local levels.
• The workshop supported to finalize the draft advocacy strategy plan of FEDO.
• The workshop also discussed and reformed on M&E indicators of the projects. The capacity of the staffs strengthened on indicators and outcome of the M&E. under the project on ‘Increasing Dalit Women’s Political Participants for Sustainable Peace in Nepal’